We are a new church plant in Honolulu starting Fall 2017. We seek to love God, love each other, and love our city. It is our desire to communicate the unchanging truth of the person and work of Jesus Christ. We will be gathering on Sundays at Ali’Iolani Elementary School and scatter throughout Oahu during the week in small communities committed to living the Christian life together as a family. We are so thankful for all that God is doing through churches old and new in Honolulu and consider it a joy and a privilege to learn from and come alongside them in God’s mission.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Reality Honolulu is a non-denominational church which recognizes the authority of the Christian Scriptures for our life and practice. Based on the teaching of these Scriptures, we believe:
- In one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In Salvation – that all are justified on the sole ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ. Because all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory, it is only by God’s grace through faith that we are saved.
- In the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, and that heaven and hell are real places.
- In the Church and the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the Holy Spirit and His activity in gifting the church to accomplish Christ’s purposes in the world.
- In Love – that we as Christians are examples of the love of God in this world. We earnestly desire to show this love, because without it we have no right to call ourselves Christians.
- In Creation – that God created all things for His glory and that men and women were created in the image of God.
- In Scripture – that the Bible is the authoritative word of God.
- In Christ’s Return to one day establish His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
THE REALITY FAMILY OF CHURCHES
Reality Honolulu is part of a family of churches held closely together through relationship, a shared philosophy of ministry and a deep commitment to the gospel of Jesus. For more information on the Reality churches, please see their websites: